- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small yellow chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup herb seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 salmon fillets
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a baking sheet, and set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper and saute until onions are aromatic and tender.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine bread crumbs, mustard powder, mayonnaise and sauteed onions. Mixture should reach a paste-like consistency. If necessary add more mayonnaise to achieve the proper consistency.
- Place salmon fillets onto the greased baking sheet and slather with breadcrumb mixture. There should be approximately 1/4 inches of bread crumbs on each salmon fillet.
- Bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until salmon is easily cut with a fork, then broil for 5 minutes to crisp the top.
- Serve immediately. Pairs well with roasted vegetables or fresh salad.